Sunday, July 1, 2012

Content Aware



This is an assignment for my Game Design class. The objective of the assignment was to remove all people in the picture using the Spot Healing Brush and its Content Aware property.



The assignment started out easy because the bottom half of all of the people all shared the same background. So with the spot healing brush i just cleaned out everyone to fit the background. To do that i used the lasso tool to make small selections and then from there used the spot healing brush to paint away the legs on a new layer. This process was repeated until the entire ground was clear. I used the proximity property to clean up any imperfection I couldn't fix with content aware. From that point on I repeated the process until I got to the heads an din some cases the segways. This is where things got more difficult thanks to the cars in the background. In some cases just working in smaller increments worked but patience gave way to tedium and for the sake of speed I worked with larger selections. in some cases this worked out to my benefit but more often than now I was given terrible results. The hardest sections were the heads of the group of young women and the two sections where the segway riders are right in front of cars. I tried to work the best I could with the tool but I think i bit off more than i could chew by using this image. In the end I'm still happy with my end result i just need to get a better grasp of using the tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment