Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!

The first game I remember playing regularly is Mortal Kombat. Iwas a fan of Mortal Kombat ever since I was four playing MKII on the SNES and Sega Genesis. I didn't really start clocking in hours on top of hours with the game until about '97-8. A little while after I got my own Playstation I got Mortal Kombat Trilogy which was the culmination of all MK games up to that point. It had all the stages, characters, fatalities etc. If it was in any of the original three games; was in MK:T.  MK:T was the first time I actually tried to study and learn moves for a fighting game.

 I tested out every character and learned everyone's basic moves and then got into a groove with most of the ninja and cyborg characters. My main guys were Scorpion, Smoke, Sektor, Cyrax, Baraka and Cyber Smoke. Another thing that kept me playing was trying to learn everyone's fatality in the game plus trying to beat the arcade ladder. One day a friend of mine at school told me a code for one button fatalities that made my quest to learn all the fatalities null and void but I still used it it to show off at my family.


Eventually some of my friends and I started to make neighborhood competitions to see who was the best in the game and after I won they would make it a goal to be able to beat me. We usually played two on two matches which led to me discovering my dream team of Scorpion and Smoke. Evetually one of my friends was able to dethrone me from my place as "MK Champion" and he refused to play me again in fear of losing the "title". Even after that I kept playing the game until it was too scratched from play to even be read by the Playstation.

No comments:

Post a Comment