Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Worst Game Evers

The worst videogame I've ever played was Wet. The game had a lot of interesting ideas and concepts but executed everything horribly. The combat system was repetitive and got boring really fast. Its said because it had some great ideas like aiming in two directions, acrobatics and had a mix of gunplay and sword fighting. The major killer was that all of the acrobatic moves initiated a bullet time mode which was the only way to make use of aiming in two directions at once. Outside of that you can only shoot one gun. Another failing of the game is that its action heavy but it locks you out of the most intense action sequences and forces quick time events on you. This is especially the case for boss fights. Every bossfight is nothing more than a cutscene with maybe one or two button prompts. Its very disappointing and insulting to kill off the final boss with this same method and then roll the credits afterward.

The story was pretty lame and the main character Rubi was funny at first but got annoying real fast. The game also forced you to run through challenge maps to unlock weapons you'd need for the next section of the story instead of just giving it to you. The main issue with this was that it breaks up the pace and takes you out of the game to stop looking for people that double crossed you to run through an obstacle so  that you can get new machine guns to kill these people. After this happened for the third time I was really close to quitting but I had paid for it so i wanted to at least finish it once.

 What sucks the most is that I really wanted this game when it came out but I had to wait for it. When I saw it for $20 I jumped on it and now I hate I spent that much. I can't imagine spending $60 on this crappy game. Since I've completed the game I haven't bothered touching it again. it has no replay value and the first playthrough was borderline torture. I think a game studio has a lot to worry about if you find a way to make over the top violence, swords, guns and bullet time repetitive and boring after five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment