Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Color Correction 2



This is the second color correction assignment for my Game Design class. The objective of the assignment was to take a picture at home and color correct it.



This assignment was pretty easy since we had done something similar with the last project. I took a picture of my cat just lazing around in the basement. in the original photo at lot of the image was either desaturated or over exposed to the flash from the camera. So what I did was put the colors back into the images and toned down the contrast. The sofa was a pale green in stead of the deep green shown.  The blanket picked up most of the camera's flash so I added more color saturation and added more contrast. The sheets in the background were a bit dim too so i just brightened those up with the curves option. I made all of my selections with the quick mask and then copied and pasted the selected items about the base photo. From there i just applied individual adjustment layers to each item. I mainly made use of the Curves and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment