Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Color Correction Assignment


This is the color correction assignment for my Game Design class. The objective of the assignment was to fix the issues plaguing the images below as best we could using the image adjustments options

This first image had high contrast issues and the color was over saturated. By using the levels, curves and exposure options I tinkered around till I lowered the saturation of the colors and adjusted the overall brightness of the image. Then I used the variations option to further desaturate the colors.





The second image had the opposite problem of the first. It was too dark and so i tried to brighten it up with the Curves and Exposures options. I wanted to try to keep the colors as accurate as possible while pushing up the brightness and contrast.



The final image looked faded and old. I started out using the levels option again and then switched to Curves. When i was manipulating the curve line I pulled in a section toward the histogram which saturated the colors and made them look more vibrant. After that I tinkered with the contrast to refined the shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment