Friday, July 13, 2012

The Final Assignment



This the final assignment for my Game Design class. The objective was to take everything we learned from the course and apply it to making our final matte painting and a pair of textures.




For my matte, I was going for a feel similar to the first teaser image of The Walking Dead. I wanted to show a city during those first few hours of a zombie outbreak. I wanted to accurately portray the state of chaos and disarray a metropolitan area would be in during such an event while at the same time keeping in mind this is really just the start of things. To help convey this feeling I purposely kept the fountain active and maintained a daylight setting. I painted in the sky and clouds over the sky that was naturally in the image because it had whited out after I color corrected the image. i used a lot of adjustment layers though only a few layer masks. The most prominent use of layer styles is in the flames that i painted onto the buildings. By using the inner and outer glow functions I was able to make the fire look realistic and luminous. I enjoyed working on the project though I think I should've replaced the sky with another image rather than paint the sky in by hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment